The William & Anita Newman Library of Baruch College seeks applicants for appointment to a tenure-track faculty position as Assistant Professor – Digital Initiatives Librarian. The successful candidate will lead the creation, maintenance, and stewardship of digital collections, including the digitization of special collections and other library materials and the implementation and maintenance of discovery tools related to these initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for recommending policies and best practices to assure access to the digital collections. Additionally s/he will work with the collection curators to select collections to be digitized; manage the content creation process and acquisition of born digital collections; in conjunction with IT staff, assure adequate storage for the digital collections and implementation of back-up strategies; identify potential third party services and work with the organization and the department in implementing vendor services; create and update project documentation; promote and market the digital collections program; and assist in evaluation of the program. S/he will hire, train, and manage digital collections staff including digital technicians. The position reports to the Head of Archives and Special Collections, but requires close collaboration with the Metadata Librarian, IT staff, and other units of the College. As a member of the library faculty the successful candidate is expected to provide reference and research assistance to library users, teach, and engage in active scholarship that leads to publication.
- Electronic Resources and Scholarly Communications Librarian, Hilton M. Briggs Library, South Dakota State University
- Acquisitions Librarian, Washington, DC
- Head of Technical Services / Coordinator of Resource Acquisition and Management, Belk Library, Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina
- Electronic Resources and Collections Librarian, Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library, Maywood, IL
- Catalog Metadata Librarian, Zach S. Henderson Library, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA
- Learning Technologies Librarian, Clemson University Libraries, Clemson, SC
- Electronic Resources Librarian, University of Colorado Health Sciences Library, Aurora, CO