Essential Job Duties:
– Manages an active mass digitization program, and provides leadership in the creation, management and delivery of digital content to meet the needs of the Atkins Library’s constituents. This includes digitization of text, image, audio, and video formats.
– Develops a digital program framework that includes creating policies, planning and implementing workflows, quality control, prioritizing projects and building productive partnerships with internal and external collaborators.
– Coordinates with the Archivist for Collection Management and University Archivist for the accessioning, arrangement, and description of born-digital records and descriptive metadata for all collections
– Ensures the use and technical service functionality of archival database(s)
– Supervises Metadata Librarian and possibly other staff
– Manages workflow to upload records into library online catalog, databases and other discovery tools, adhering to regional and national best practices and standards for description including MARC, DACS, ARC, EAD, Dublin Core, METS, MODS and other relevant schema
– Maintains statistics, reports, and other metrics to improve digital program workflows
– Collaborates with relevant members of the Library and University community in planning and creating digital collections
– Investigate, plan, and manage format conversions and migration
– Manages organization and preservation of reformatted and born digital collections.
– Assists with public services, development and grant writing, and coordinates grant implementation as needed for Special Collections
– Participates in professional activities and in library and university faculty governance
– Supports and participates in other work of the department as assigned
– Reports to the Associate University Librarian for Special Collections
– Excellent benefits package
– Salary: competitive and dependent upon relevant experience and abilities
– Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or Master’s degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences with archival-related coursework or professional development.
– Minimum of three years of experience working archival collections in multiple formats and digital collections.
To apply, visit https://uncjobs.northcarolina.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/search/Search_css.jsp and search for the position title.