The Electronic Resources Acquisitions Librarian is responsible for managing the acquisitions of electronic resources for the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s General Library System. Reporting to the Head, Acquisitions Department, primary responsibilities include support for collecting activities in gathering information associated with potential new products and trials; license support such as initial negotiation and technical review; coordination of the ordering, payment, and activation processes for electronic resources; management and maintenance of the Libraries’ Open URL link resolver; oversight of troubleshooting for electronic resources; and coordination of data related to electronic resource usage. Develops expertise with emerging technologies and maintains awareness and engagement with trends and developments in e-resources acquisitions and management. Collaborates in the implementation of best practices, ongoing pursuit of process improvements, and development/dissemination of policies, guidelines, and procedures. Participates on committees, task forces, and special projects related to e-resources as appropriate. Supervises 2+ FTE. Works cooperatively with other units in the Acquisitions Department as well as the Cataloging Department and Library Technology Group in the coordination of activities related to electronic resources.
- Assistant Library Director II for Resource Acquisitions Resource & Collections Strategy Services, Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- Part-time E-Resources Bibliographic Control Assistant, DePaul University, Chicago IL
- Acquisition and Description Librarian, Duke Kunshan University (China)
- Electronic Resources Management Librarian, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian (Database Management Specialist), University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, FL
- Head of Acquisitions Services, Penn State University Libraries, University Park, PA
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL