The Electronic Resources Acquisitions Librarian is responsible for managing the acquisitions of electronic resources for the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s General Library System. Reporting to the Head, Acquisitions Department, primary responsibilities include support for collecting activities in gathering information associated with potential new products and trials; license support such as initial negotiation and technical review; coordination of the ordering, payment, and activation processes for electronic resources; management and maintenance of the Libraries’ Open URL link resolver; oversight of troubleshooting for electronic resources; and coordination of data related to electronic resource usage. Develops expertise with emerging technologies and maintains awareness and engagement with trends and developments in e-resources acquisitions and management. Collaborates in the implementation of best practices, ongoing pursuit of process improvements, and development/dissemination of policies, guidelines, and procedures. Participates on committees, task forces, and special projects related to e-resources as appropriate. Supervises 2+ FTE. Works cooperatively with other units in the Acquisitions Department as well as the Cataloging Department and Library Technology Group in the coordination of activities related to electronic resources.
- Electronic Resources and Collections Librarian, Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library, Chicago, IL
- Metadata Services Manager, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Resource Description Manager, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Electronic Resources/Collection Development Librarian, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA
- Acquisitions and Discovery Cohort, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Licensing & Copyright Librarian, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- Acquisitions and Cataloging Librarian , Copley Library, University of San Diego, CA