The Electronic Resources Acquisitions Librarian is responsible for managing the acquisitions of electronic resources for the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s General Library System. Reporting to the Head, Acquisitions Department, primary responsibilities include support for collecting activities in gathering information associated with potential new products and trials; license support such as initial negotiation and technical review; coordination of the ordering, payment, and activation processes for electronic resources; management and maintenance of the Libraries’ Open URL link resolver; oversight of troubleshooting for electronic resources; and coordination of data related to electronic resource usage. Develops expertise with emerging technologies and maintains awareness and engagement with trends and developments in e-resources acquisitions and management. Collaborates in the implementation of best practices, ongoing pursuit of process improvements, and development/dissemination of policies, guidelines, and procedures. Participates on committees, task forces, and special projects related to e-resources as appropriate. Supervises 2+ FTE. Works cooperatively with other units in the Acquisitions Department as well as the Cataloging Department and Library Technology Group in the coordination of activities related to electronic resources.
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Head of Metadata Services at the University of Toronto Libraries, Toronto, Ontario
- Librarian for Digital Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) , Worcester, MA
- Associate Director for Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Worcester, MA
- Electronic Resources and Collections Librarian, Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library, Chicago, IL
- Electronic Resources Librarian and Cataloger, Utah State University Libraries, Logan, UT