The Electronic Resources Acquisitions Librarian is responsible for managing the acquisitions of electronic resources for the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s General Library System. Reporting to the Head, Acquisitions Department, primary responsibilities include support for collecting activities in gathering information associated with potential new products and trials; license support such as initial negotiation and technical review; coordination of the ordering, payment, and activation processes for electronic resources; management and maintenance of the Libraries’ Open URL link resolver; oversight of troubleshooting for electronic resources; and coordination of data related to electronic resource usage. Develops expertise with emerging technologies and maintains awareness and engagement with trends and developments in e-resources acquisitions and management. Collaborates in the implementation of best practices, ongoing pursuit of process improvements, and development/dissemination of policies, guidelines, and procedures. Participates on committees, task forces, and special projects related to e-resources as appropriate. Supervises 2+ FTE. Works cooperatively with other units in the Acquisitions Department as well as the Cataloging Department and Library Technology Group in the coordination of activities related to electronic resources.
- Director of Acquisitions and Metadata Services, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian, Loyola Notre Dame Library, Baltimore, MD
- Assessment Coordinator, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Academic Technology Librarian, The Citadel, Charleston, SC
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- Cataloging Project Manager, Washington, D.C.
- Coordinator of Resource Acquisition and Management, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC