- Develops and implements strategies for the effective acquisition and discovery of library resources in all formats
- Provides leadership in the management of acquisitions, cataloging and metadata services, including setting policy, establishing workflows and developing and documenting procedures
- Hires, trains, coordinates, and directs the work of unit staff, including four librarians and nine support staff
- Monitors and evaluates trends related to resource acquisition, description, discovery and access
- Fosters a collegial work environment
- Works collaboratively with other Resource Management Coordinators
- Develops assessment strategies and maintains statistics for unit activities
- Contributes to and learns from the profession through local, state, and national professional organizations, presentations, and publications.
- May assume some collection development liaison responsibilities.