The Scholarly Communications and Copyright Librarian provides leadership and instruction regarding open access publishing issues, advises on retention of author rights and federal funding compliance requirements, and explores the use of bibliographic metrics and systems to evaluate personal research impact; plans maintenance and growth of the Library’s Scholarly Communication website; plans and manages budget and special program funds associated with copyright and scholarly communications; provides training and educational resources regarding the appropriate use of copyrighted resources and application of the U.S. copyright law; assists health sciences faculty, staff, and students to secure copyright permissions; reviews Health Sciences Library electronic resource licenses; works collaboratively with staff from the University Libraries Copyright Resource Center, University Legal Affairs, and the University Technology Commercialization Office; engages with other University librarians, participates in relevant OhioLINK, CIC(Big 10), Medical Library Association, American Library Association and other organization committees as appropriate; attends national workshops and conferences to keep self and colleagues informed on related issues; serves as liaison librarian for health sciences faculty and students as assigned and supervises at least one student employee.
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Head of Metadata Services at the University of Toronto Libraries, Toronto, Ontario
- Librarian for Digital Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) , Worcester, MA
- Associate Director for Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Worcester, MA
- Electronic Resources and Collections Librarian, Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library, Chicago, IL
- Electronic Resources Librarian and Cataloger, Utah State University Libraries, Logan, UT