The Scholarly Communications and Copyright Librarian provides leadership and instruction regarding open access publishing issues, advises on retention of author rights and federal funding compliance requirements, and explores the use of bibliographic metrics and systems to evaluate personal research impact; plans maintenance and growth of the Library’s Scholarly Communication website; plans and manages budget and special program funds associated with copyright and scholarly communications; provides training and educational resources regarding the appropriate use of copyrighted resources and application of the U.S. copyright law; assists health sciences faculty, staff, and students to secure copyright permissions; reviews Health Sciences Library electronic resource licenses; works collaboratively with staff from the University Libraries Copyright Resource Center, University Legal Affairs, and the University Technology Commercialization Office; engages with other University librarians, participates in relevant OhioLINK, CIC(Big 10), Medical Library Association, American Library Association and other organization committees as appropriate; attends national workshops and conferences to keep self and colleagues informed on related issues; serves as liaison librarian for health sciences faculty and students as assigned and supervises at least one student employee.
- Electronic and Continuing Resources Librarian, University of Wisconsin Parkside, Kenosha WI
- Assistant Library Director II for Resource Acquisitions Resource & Collections Strategy Services, Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- Part-time E-Resources Bibliographic Control Assistant, DePaul University, Chicago IL
- Acquisition and Description Librarian, Duke Kunshan University (China)
- Electronic Resources Management Librarian, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian (Database Management Specialist), University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, FL
- Head of Acquisitions Services, Penn State University Libraries, University Park, PA