The Scholarly Communications and Copyright Librarian provides leadership and instruction regarding open access publishing issues, advises on retention of author rights and federal funding compliance requirements, and explores the use of bibliographic metrics and systems to evaluate personal research impact; plans maintenance and growth of the Library’s Scholarly Communication website; plans and manages budget and special program funds associated with copyright and scholarly communications; provides training and educational resources regarding the appropriate use of copyrighted resources and application of the U.S. copyright law; assists health sciences faculty, staff, and students to secure copyright permissions; reviews Health Sciences Library electronic resource licenses; works collaboratively with staff from the University Libraries Copyright Resource Center, University Legal Affairs, and the University Technology Commercialization Office; engages with other University librarians, participates in relevant OhioLINK, CIC(Big 10), Medical Library Association, American Library Association and other organization committees as appropriate; attends national workshops and conferences to keep self and colleagues informed on related issues; serves as liaison librarian for health sciences faculty and students as assigned and supervises at least one student employee.
- Electronic Resources and Scholarly Communications Librarian, Hilton M. Briggs Library, South Dakota State University
- Acquisitions Librarian, Washington, DC
- Head of Technical Services / Coordinator of Resource Acquisition and Management, Belk Library, Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina
- Electronic Resources and Collections Librarian, Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library, Maywood, IL
- Catalog Metadata Librarian, Zach S. Henderson Library, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA
- Learning Technologies Librarian, Clemson University Libraries, Clemson, SC
- Electronic Resources Librarian, University of Colorado Health Sciences Library, Aurora, CO