The Head of Collections Management leads, administers, and coordinates collection development activities and works with others to provide leadership of the cataloging and government documents unit and University Archives for the University of Colorado Colorado Springs, Kraemer Family Library. This tenured or tenure-track position directs the Library’s Collections Management operations including the selection, management, and acquisition of collections; develops and administers the Library’s materials budget; works closely with Library Systems in the assessment of the integrated library systems by focusing on strategies that maximize the latest technologies; and directly supervises 3 librarians, 1 exempt professional, and 1 classified staff person. As a member of the Library’s Leadership Team, the Collections Management Head participates in general administrative decision-making, library management, strategic planning, and priority setting. This position reports to the Dean of the Library.
- Director of Acquisitions and Metadata Services, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian, Loyola Notre Dame Library, Baltimore, MD
- Assessment Coordinator, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Academic Technology Librarian, The Citadel, Charleston, SC
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- Cataloging Project Manager, Washington, D.C.
- Coordinator of Resource Acquisition and Management, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC