Serials Resources Librarian, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Georgia Health Sciences University (GHSU)
The Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library of the Georgia Health Sciences University invites applications for the position of Serials Resources Librarian. The primary focus of this non-tenure track faculty position is the management of acquisitions, access to collections and evaluation of the library’s licensed electronic resources.
- Master’s degree in library science from an American Library Association-accredited program
- Minimum of 3 years professional post-MLS experience
- Experience working with electronic resources and serials in a health sciences or academic library environment
- Ability to generate and analyze statistical reports and make evidence-based recommendations
- Ability to understand and use resource management tools and software
- Ability to use Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word to organize and disseminate statistical reports
- Ability to understand the user’s perspective when designing access points to the library’s collections
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Evidence of good judgment and organizational skills
- Evidence of ability to meet university standards in librarianship, teaching, publication and research, and service.
Responsibilities:The Serials Resources Librarian will manage all electronic materials through the library’s serials management system SFX. This position will communicate with vendors to ensure continued access, claim missing content, and resolve access problems. Responsibilities include advising and assisting Content Management staff with ongoing maintenance of electronic resources and keeping up with changes in journal subscriptions. The successful candidate will extract, organize, analyze, and disseminate statistical reports on usage from a variety of sources and review the literature for trends that will affect serials access.
Intra-Institutional Responsibilities: The Serials Resources Librarian will be the liaison for primary researchers and will serve on library and institutional committees as a faculty member.
Extra-Institutional Responsibilities:The Serials Resources Librarian is expected to be active professionally in local, regional, and national associations and will contribute to the professional literature.
Salary and Benefits: This position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track). Benefits include a competitive health package, TIAA/CREF, and other retirement options. Minimum salary is $44,000. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and names of three professional references online at www.georgiahealth.edu/facultyjobs/
Georgia Health Sciences University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer and a Tobacco-Free Institution. Ref. # 6683