TITLE: Acquisitions & Emerging Technologies Librarian
LIBRARY: Pew Learning Center & Ellison Library, Warren Wilson College
CITY: Swannanoa by Asheville, NC
NOTE: The Acquisitions & Emerging Technologies Librarian is responsible for the acquisition of print books and audiovisual materials and for providing a variety of technology services.
This is a full-time, continuing faculty position in an extended contract system.
- MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited program;
- Experience managing all aspects of the acquisitions process;
- Experience implementing emerging technologies in an academic library;
- Strong service orientation with excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills;
- Ability to balance multiple projects;
- A proven track record of working collaboratively within the library and beyond.
- Experience with the acquisitions module of Innovative Interfaces Millennium or a similar system;
- Enthusiasm for and demonstrated ability providing research support and instruction services in an academic library setting;
- Recent experience with web design and social media;
- An academic background in one or more of the natural sciences.
- Manages and executes all aspects of the acquisition process for audiovisual resources and print books, including the supervision of student workers;
- In collaboration with the Electronic Resources Librarian, develops the library’s eBook collection;
- Investigates and implements processes for efficient online collection development and acquisitions.
- In collaboration with the Electronic Resources Librarian, investigates and implements emerging technologies to improve access to the library’s programs, services, and collections;
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements applicable technologies that support student and faculty research and extend the library’s online presence;
- Provides training and continual incorporation of emerging technologies in library services and operations as appropriate;
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements technologies and features that are applicable in a mobile environment;
- In collaboration with the Electronic Resources Librarian manages the library’s web site;
- Designs and delivers support for library-related instructional technology to faculty and students.
- Participates in collection development and review;
- Participates in the library’s instruction and research support activities;
- Staffs the library evenings and weekends on a rotating basis;
- Serves as library liaison to the Natural Sciences Division;
- Maintains currency in the library profession and his/her areas of responsibility;
- Participates in college governance.
AVAILABLE: January 1, 2013
APPLY BY: August 16, 2012
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, official graduate transcript(s), and three letters of recommendation via email to email@example.com. Electronic submissions are required.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Susan Huey, Office of Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.