The NCSU Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian in the Acquisitions and Discovery department. Acquisitions and Discovery’s seven librarians and twenty-five staff are responsible for managing the Libraries’ approximately $9 million collections budget, acquiring materials in all formats, negotiating license agreements and contracts, and describing and maintaining access points to facilitate discovery of the Libraries’ resources. As a member of the Serials Unit, the Electronic Resources Librarian plays a lead role in ensuring access to the Libraries’ journals and databases. Working both independently and in team settings, the incumbent manages projects, develops workflows, maintains relationships with vendors and consortium partners, and trains staff. This position reports to the Associate Head, Acquisitions and Discovery. Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. See vacancy announcement with application instructions at http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/epa/er. AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation. For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148.
- Electronic Resources Management Librarian, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian (Database Management Specialist), University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, FL
- Head of Acquisitions Services, Penn State University Libraries, University Park, PA
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Head of Metadata Services at the University of Toronto Libraries, Toronto, Ontario
- Librarian for Digital Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) , Worcester, MA