LAC Group seeks a Technical Services Manager to support a National Government Agency in Environmental Health Sciences on a contract in Research Triangle Park, NC. The library supports the research and administrative information needs of agency and serves approximately 800+ employees and offers a collection of almost 14,000 books and access to over 9,000 journals. An ALA-accredited MLS degree is required and the position will support and oversee the following services:
- Process incoming periodicals, books, other acquired print and/or electronic resources; manage correspondence or communication related, but not limited to, the resource delivery, cancellations, address changes, claims, damaged or missing items;
- Maintain the library support systems (ILS) Millennium; communicate Library and IT Contractor support to troubleshoot issues;
- Copy and original cataloging of newly acquired print or electronic materials as well as relevant publications into the Library’s online Millennium catalog according to AACR2 and MARC standards; maintain current library OCLC holdings;
- Acquire and catalog approximately 200 books/year (all collections); catalog book within (2) working days of receipt;
- Catalog records shall accurately reflect materials in the collection;
- Circulate and manage all library materials; including check-out, check-in, recall and renewals of materials, follow-up on overdue and missing items, and re-shelving of returned materials; generate usage reports; 1100 transactions/year; transactions include check-in, check-out, holds, renewals;
- Process check-in within 1 work day of receipt; re-shelve books/materials within 2 days of being checked-in;
- Maintain patron circulation records by adding, deleting, or changing;
- Maintain collection in an orderly manner; shift the collection when needed; maintain order and neatness of existing shelves by shelf-reading and conducting inventories as necessary;
- Communicate with the Library to resolve technical issues with online subscription access;
- Provide document delivery and reciprocal interlibrary loan (ILL) services using OCLC and Docline and following the procedures on the Library wiki; Borrow approximately 150 books/year and lend approximately 160 books/year and deliver approximately 2000 articles/year.
To apply, please visit http://goo.gl/GYOZD
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.