The Rockhurst University Greenlease Library is seeking a dynamic and innovative librarian who will serve as a key member of its team. This position provides strategic leadership in the areas of acquisitions and serials management through dedicated job performance, collaboration, and service excellence to diverse constituencies.
Reporting directly to the Head of Technical Services, the Acquisitions and Serials Librarian is a full-time exempt staff position. The successful candidate will have a MLS from an ALA accredited master’s program, experience with using an integrated library system, proficiency in using Microsoft Excel or a comparable spreadsheet program, proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all internal and external constituents, proven strong organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills, demonstrated aptitude for detail-oriented work and have an appreciation of the Jesuit mission, values, and goals of the University.
- Manages expenditures and accounting for acquisitions including reconciliation, statistics and report creation.
- Coordinate the check-in and claims of all library materials.
- Create and maintain records within all library system including records as required in accordance with national standards.
- Serve as the library’s primary vendor contact and accounts administrator.
- Responsible for continued access to electronic resources.
- Evaluate and improve the workflow, documents, policies and procedures of acquisitions and serials and provide training as needed.
- Provide reference and instruction services as needed.
- Act as a liaison to assigned academic departments to facilitate collection development.
- Serve on professional and university committees as a representative of the library.
Rockhurst is a Catholic, Jesuit university serving 3,000 students in the business and cultural center of Kansas City, MO. It is a comprehensive university offering more than 50 undergraduate and graduate programs taught by nationally recognized faculty. We employ approximately 500 faculty and staff.
Full time Rockhurst employees enjoy an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 125 Tax Savings Plan, tax deferred retirement plan with company match, free undergraduate classes for employees, spouses and eligible dependent children, vacation and sick time along with paid holidays.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, Rockhurst University, 1100 Rockhurst Road, Kansas City, MO 64110. We value diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. Rockhurst University uses e-verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.