Position Title: Acquisitions and Assessment Librarian
Campus UCD: Downtown Campus in Denver
Position Type: Tenured / Tenure Track Librarian
Posting no: 816939
The Auraria Library seeks an enthusiastic, innovative, and collaborative Librarian to provide leadership for planning, implementing, and managing the acquisitions of all Library materials. Reporting to the Associate Director of Technical Services, this position will manage day-to-day operations and implement special projects by working with Library colleagues within and beyond the Technical Services Division.
The successful candidate contributes to the customer service oriented and team-based environment that strives to serve students, faculty, and staff with the best possible access and discovery experience. This position manages new and on-going acquisitions and oversees the purchase of the Library’s print and online books, serials, videos, electronic collections, packages, databases, etc. Nearly 70% of the Library’s $3.0M materials budget is spent on electronic resources and about 80% of online materials are purchased via consortia. This position is responsible for the following duties:
• Manages a team whose activities span the ordering, renewal, licensing, record maintenance, and assessment of physical and electronic library materials.
• Responsible for a department of 6 and directly supervises and evaluates 3 classified staff. Evaluates and improves the workflow, documents policies and procedures, and provides staff training as needed.
• Responsible for reconciling monthly expenditures and oversees the maintenance of appropriate records.
• Develops reports and with a variety of assessment metrics on the relevancy and usage of Library’s materials to facilitate collection development decisions.
• Oversees, manages, and is the point person for the details of consortia renewals and new purchases of electronic resources.
• Communicates information about orders with vendors, publishers, Auraria Library staff, and the staff of consortia libraries.
• Serves on a variety of internal and external committees.
Required Education/Experience/Skills (Minimum Qualifications):
• ALA accredited MLS.
• Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated experience with issues and practices involved in the acquisition and maintenance of e-resources collections, including knowledge of licensing, consortia, and publisher practices and trends.
• Aptitude for detail oriented work, including strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment with diverse groups of library staff.
• Proficiency with acquisitions modules of a library management system and spreadsheet programs.
Preferred Experience Education/Experience/Skills:
• Two or more years of related experience in an academic library.
• Experience using library management and electronic resources systems such as Innovative Interfaces Millennium and ERM software, Serials Solutions 360 products.
• More than one year of supervisory experience including supervision in electronic resources or other technical services operations.
• Understanding of business and licensing models, their budget implications, and the ability to clearly communicate that understanding.
• Knowledge of innovative acquisitions strategies such as patron driven acquisitions for ebooks or pay-per-view for articles.
• Involvement in professional development activities, including research and participation in professional organizations.
Position Classification and Salary: This is a tenured/tenure-track faculty position with a minimum salary of $60,000 commensurate with skills, experience, and rank. The incumbent may be initially appointed as a non-tenure track, senior instructor and then moved into a tenure-track position effective July 1, 2013. To be appointed with tenure, one must be tenured at a comparable academic institution and meet the Auraria Library’s criteria for tenure and promotion. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility is located at http://www.cusys.edu/pbs
For full job description or to apply, please go to: http://www.jobsatcu.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=68228 Or http://www.jobsatcu.com and search for posting no. 816939