Discovery Services Librarian – #942036
J.Y. Joyner Library
East Carolina University
Known for its leadership in distance learning and its mission to serve, J.Y. Joyner Library, East Carolina University (ECU) seeks an innovative, curious, flexible colleague to fill the newly-created position of Discovery Services Librarian. As head of the new Discovery Services department, the successful candidate will imagine, define, implement, and support the next generation of library discovery systems.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Assistant Director for Library Technology, the Discovery Services Librarian will:
- Provide leadership and vision in the management, support, integration, and administration of the Library’s suite of information management and discovery systems
- Work collaboratively with ECU Libraries’ faculty and staff to evaluate the Libraries’ online resource discovery environment and to develop and implement strategies and innovative solutions to improve external and internal user experience and maximize system functionality
- Chair or co-chair library discovery committees
- Serve as head of the Discovery Services department and supervise two to three staff whose responsibilities include administering the integrated library system
- Monitor trends and best practices in library discovery; recommend and facilitate improvements to existing systems and services
Rank, Salary, and Benefits: This is a twelve-month tenure track faculty position with a comprehensive fringe benefits package. Professional achievement, service, and research/creative activity are required for tenure and promotion. Rank and salary negotiable and commensurate with candidate’s experience and professional achievement (minimum salary of $50,000).
Application Process: Screening of applications will begin March 15, 2012, and continue until the position is filled. Start date is negotiable. All applicants must apply online through ECU’s employment website at http://www.jobs.ecu.edu.