Southern College of Optometry, a leader in optometry education, seeks an Electronic Resources Specialist in the Library Services Department. Reporting to the Director Library Services, this position provides coordination, and oversight of the library’s electronic resources collection. The position supports overall library services.
Major Responsibilities of this Position Include:
- Coordinate the day-to-day operation of the library’s electronic resources collection,
- Provide technical support and training to other library staff, and general library support.
- Manage access to a variety of information resources and tools for Library Services.
- Coordinate the library’s online systems and technologies with the Information Technology department.
- Resolve access to the library’s information resources and other technology issues and create usage reports.
- Monitor developments of new and changing electronic services and resources; manage trial programs; analyze options for database access; and make recommendations for new resources and modes of access to resources.
- Provide both staff and user support including troubleshooting and training for effective use of online resources and equipment.
- Collaborate with SCO library and information technology staff as well as work as a conduit with other libraries to maximize resource sharing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years experience with electronic journals and/or database management, including knowledge of EZProxy software, and familiarity with Integrated Library Systems (ILS)/Library Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience managing access to other national databases such as EBSCO, Pubmed and Medline
- Experience in a library or other academic environment.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Familiarity with the administration of open URL resolvers and other library tools.
- Previous desktop support experience in a windows active directory environment
- Aptitude for technology.
- Interest in improving user education and access to resources through technology.
Please submit a resume with cover letter for consideration to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Southern College of Optometry is an equal opportunity employer.