LAC Group seeks a Library Technician – Cataloging for a long term project in New Orleans, Louisiana. Local candidates preferred. Unfortunately there is no re-location assistance.
• Under the supervision of the Cataloging Team Lead, the Cataloging Tech will search, retrieve and/or update bibliographic records in OCLC and the Voyager integrated library system.
• Perform basic and complex copy cataloging of monographs, musical scores, audiovisual, microform, government documents and foreign language materials.
• Create and update holdings records.
• Ensure work conforms to client standards, and collaborate in a team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• 1-3 years of cataloging experience in a library
• Experience with OCLC Connexion Client
• Experience in data entry
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency using Word & Excel
• Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to multitask and work with changing priorities in a production based environment
• Previous experience using Voyager ILS preferred
To read more details and to apply please visit this link: http://bit.ly/s9j3Ff
To view all of our currently open positions please visit: http://careers.lac-group.com/
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.