ERIC Project Acquisitions Team Lead
ERIC – Education Resources Information Center – is a comprehensive, searchable, Internet-based bibliographic and full-text digital library of education research and information, containing both journal articles and non-journal content. ERIC is sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education. CSC operates the ERIC Project on a 5-year contract; office located in downtown Washington, DC – telework option available.
Acquisitions Team Mission: To ensure that all possible content from only verified, approved sources is retrieved and uploaded for ERIC processing in a timely manner and is appropriately documented.
Acquisitions Team Lead Responsibilities: meet business goals for daily input of content in a production system; supervise work of 6 staff in a telework environment; work with Team Leads in other areas to provide overall leadership for processing content; collaborate with content development, quality assurance, technical and other project teams; manage acquisitions process through various delivery mechanisms such as website download, ftp, and email; upload content to CSC workflow system for building the ERIC record; track receipt of content using serials management and other tools–contact publishers when content is not made available according to terms of written agreement; assist in tracking source name and publisher changes; provide information for weekly/monthly reports; participate in regular project meetings.
* MLS with Technical Services focus; or equivalent experience
* Supervisory experience in a telework and production environment
* Familiarity with education-related literature (journal and non-journal or grey literature)
* Familiarity with digital libraries
* Facility with MS Windows and MS Office applications; Internet search applications; RSS feeds and other Web 2.0 applications
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
* Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
* Interpersonal skills to relate to team members and communicate with different business units and publishers of education journals and materials
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
For additional information contact Judy Beck (email@example.com).
To apply online, go to http://www.csc.com/careersus/fre/16005 and search for Job Number 1100NST.