Serials and Electronic Resources Specialist, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Library, Greenbelt, Maryland
Zimmerman Associates, Inc. is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic individual to fill a full-time Serials and Electronic Resources Specialist position at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Library in Greenbelt, MD. The position is responsible for the acquisition, licensing, and management of the electronic and print materials purchased by the NASA Goddard Library.
Duties include: maintaining an Electronic Resource Management System (ERMS), monitoring subscription license expirations and renewals, collecting usage statistics, registration and activation of electronic subscriptions, troubleshooting access problems. Additionally responsible for supporting acquisition activities: ordering, receiving, distribution, and funds obligation, and monitoring the technical subscription budget and providing information as needed to support budget decisions. The position provides cataloging and processing support for the Libraryâ€™s collections.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years library experience working with electronic resource or serial acquisitions management
- Minimum two years (concurrent) experience using an integrated library system, preferably Sirsi/Dynix
- Experience managing records in an integrated library system, preferably Sirsi/Dynix. Copy cataloging experience desired.
- Experience working with an automated acquisitions system or an Electronic Resource Management System (ERMS), preferably Serials Solutions
- Demonstrated experience in Windows environment using Microsoft Office tools, especially Word and Excel
- Knowledge of copyright rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively and work effectively with cross-organizational teams.
- Good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to communicate clearly; proven grammatical skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to details
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Please forward your resume with salary requirements for immediate consideration.
M/F/D/V and EOE employer