|Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services|
|The J. Willard Marriott Library is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking, and service-oriented leader to serve as Head of the Cataloging & Metadata Services division within the Scholarly Resources and Collections department.
We invite applicants who want to join one of the most exciting libraries in the country, one that is striving to set the standard for what it means to be a vibrant 21st century academic services center. The recent $80 million renovation of the Marriott Library sparked a total transformation both of the building and of our services to create inspirational space, build communities of learning, and connect people with knowledge. Opportunities abound to partner with faculty and programs that highly appreciate all that the library has to offer. By relying on organizational values that include creativity, personal growth, sustainability, innovation, leadership and risk taking, we fulfill our mission, “to inspire the creation, discovery, and use of knowledge for Utah and the world.”
A new Strategic Plan will guide the library for the next three years and will provide a foundation for actions in Scholarly Resources & Collections. A fuller statement on the Vision of the Library was presented by the Dean to the Academic Senate in March of 2010.
For the full position summary, qualifications, and additional information, the job description can be viewed online at http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/9564.
$50,000 to $65,000 depending on qualifications.
Position/Rank – Associate Librarian on Tenure Track
Complete the online application including a detailed cover letter addressing how your experience matches the qualifications; curriculum vitae; and names and contact information, including email, mail and phone numbers, of three references. Applications received by October 15th will be given full consideration.
The University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator. Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans preference. Reasonable accommodations provided. For addition information: http://www.regulations.utah.edu/humanResources/5-106.html.
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds, and possess a [strong or demonstrated] commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
|Apply for this job|
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Head of Metadata Services at the University of Toronto Libraries, Toronto, Ontario
- Librarian for Digital Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) , Worcester, MA
- Associate Director for Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Worcester, MA
- Electronic Resources and Collections Librarian, Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library, Chicago, IL
- Electronic Resources Librarian and Cataloger, Utah State University Libraries, Logan, UT