LAC Group seeks experienced Materials Processing Librarian for contract position with a government agency in Washington, DC. Experience processing materials for Federal depository required. Start date 4th quarter 2011, subject to award. Excellent career opportunity with competitive salary and benefits.
- Maintain library collections of books, serial publications, and documents, audiovisual and other materials
- Provide technical support and assists Federal library staff and individuals in locating and obtaining materials, furnishes information on library activities, facilities, rules and services, explains and assists in use of reference sources, such as card or book catalog, or book and periodical indexes to locate information
- Issue and receive materials for circulation or use in library, assemble and arrange displays of books and other library materials, maintains reference and circulation materials.
- Answer correspondence on special reference subjects, may compile list of library materials according to subjects or interests, and may select, order, catalog and classify materials
- MLS from an accredited institution
- Minimum three years of experience creating online metadata, using WorldCat bibliographic and authority databases, Connexion software, creating Internet links in bibliographic records and using an integrated library system
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass NACI background check
To read more details and to apply please visit this link: http://bit.ly/MaterialsProcessingLib
To view all of our currently open positions please visit:
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.