LAC Group seeks an experienced Cataloging Lead – RetroCon & SuDoc for a cataloging project at a prestigious government agency located in Washington, DC. This position is anticipated to last for four (4) months. Must be a United States Citizen in order to be considered.
- Supervisory responsibility for work performed by the contract personnel small group.
- Ensures that all work performed by contract personnel is in compliance with the contract requirements
- Helps maintain required statistics, produces/contributes required metrics, prepares reports and other written deliverables
- Serves as an advisor on cataloging practice for contract staff including the application of AACR2, MARC21 format, ISBD punctuation, Library of Congress standards and ILS practices.
- Performs quality control for work performed by the contract personnel, including reviewing bibliographic transcription for accuracy, correcting errors and assuring quality of all metadata
- Recommends to project manager changes to project workflow, processes, etc. to improve efficiency of project in consultation with the agency’s project staff
- U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited institution preferred
- Minimum of two years work experience in library technical services operations, specifically a cataloging unit, including experience using a comparable ILS system
- Minimum two years work experience cataloging serials in print and electronic formats
- Minimum three years progressively responsible experience in a library setting, preferably a large academic library setting
- Work experience with U.S. Federal documents, preferably in a Federal depository library
- Working experience and knowledge of the Superintendent of Documents classification system (SuDoc) preferred
- Knowledge of government procurement and acquisitions regulations preferred
- Ability to work effectively with para-professionals, library professionals and agency personnel
- Ability to form and nurture a productive team environment
- Proven written and oral communication skills
To read more details and to apply please visit this link: http://bit.ly/CatalogerTeamLead