E-Resources / Serials Librarian
NJIT seeks an energetic, self-motivated and service-oriented E-Resources / Serials Librarian at the Robert W. Van Houten Library. Working under the supervision of the University Librarian, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, improving, evaluating and reporting upon university commercial full text, bibliographic and reference database offerings, journals, abstract and indexes and e-books including, but not limited to, access, user satisfaction, cost effectiveness, licenses and contracts, usage metrics and publicity. The position promotes consensus, teamwork, and team service improvements. The position is hands on, but also gives work direction, as required, to library assistants and student staff. Substitutes as needed for the reference librarians at the reference desk. Other duties as assigned. View full job description. Position is open until filled.
• Masters in Library or Information Science(ALA accredited).
• Two years of professional librarian experience.
• Database creation including significant experience with constructing, operating and maintaining Microsoft Access and/or similar databases.
• Experience constructing Excel spreadsheets and using formulas.
• Web development skills and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with strong attention to detail.
• Successful experience with serials acquisition, claiming, and control systems.
• Licensing and implementing access to commercial databases.
• Working knowledge of Open URL linking.
• Working knowledge of OCLC Serials and Voyager serials.
• Successful experience managing e-journals, e-books, and other e-resources.
• Successfully created LibGuides.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies in libraries (e.g. mobile)Librarian at 973-596-3208
Search for posting number: 0600729 or title: E-Resources / Serials Librarian.
Questions about the position? Contact Richard Sweeney, University Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-596-3208
The university reserves the right to substitute equivalent education and/or experience at its discretion. NJIT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and Vietnam era and disabled veterans to apply.