A complete position description is available at http://goo.gl/U8Z6Z.
The University Library seeks an innovative and energetic librarian to provide leadership in developing, maintaining and assessing the library’s cataloging and metadata services. The Cataloging and Metadata Librarian catalogs materials in all formats, including print and digital resources. The successful candidate will work closely with staff to evaluate and document policies, procedures and workflows for cataloging, database maintenance and non-MARC metadata creation within the department. In addition, they will work with Digital Library Services, Special Collections and University Archives and other departments to help establish metadata policies and procedures for digital projects. As a faculty member, the Cataloging and Metadata Librarian will participate in university and professional activities, including research, publication, planning and decision making
processes for the department and library.
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Fordham University, Bronx, NY
- Electronic resources Librarian, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Head of Electronic Resources and Serials Acquisitions, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Head of Electronic Resources & Serials, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
- Metadata Initiatives Librarian, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Resource Management, Department Head, University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library, Denver, CO
- Monographic Acquisitions Coordinator, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA