A complete position description is available at http://goo.gl/U8Z6Z.
The University Library seeks an innovative and energetic librarian to provide leadership in developing, maintaining and assessing the library’s cataloging and metadata services. The Cataloging and Metadata Librarian catalogs materials in all formats, including print and digital resources. The successful candidate will work closely with staff to evaluate and document policies, procedures and workflows for cataloging, database maintenance and non-MARC metadata creation within the department. In addition, they will work with Digital Library Services, Special Collections and University Archives and other departments to help establish metadata policies and procedures for digital projects. As a faculty member, the Cataloging and Metadata Librarian will participate in university and professional activities, including research, publication, planning and decision making
processes for the department and library.
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Head of Metadata Services at the University of Toronto Libraries, Toronto, Ontario
- Librarian for Digital Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) , Worcester, MA
- Associate Director for Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Worcester, MA
- Electronic Resources and Collections Librarian, Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library, Chicago, IL
- Electronic Resources Librarian and Cataloger, Utah State University Libraries, Logan, UT