A complete position description is available at http://goo.gl/U8Z6Z.
The University Library seeks an innovative and energetic librarian to provide leadership in developing, maintaining and assessing the library’s cataloging and metadata services. The Cataloging and Metadata Librarian catalogs materials in all formats, including print and digital resources. The successful candidate will work closely with staff to evaluate and document policies, procedures and workflows for cataloging, database maintenance and non-MARC metadata creation within the department. In addition, they will work with Digital Library Services, Special Collections and University Archives and other departments to help establish metadata policies and procedures for digital projects. As a faculty member, the Cataloging and Metadata Librarian will participate in university and professional activities, including research, publication, planning and decision making
processes for the department and library.
- Electronic and Continuing Resources Librarian, University of Wisconsin Parkside, Kenosha WI
- Assistant Library Director II for Resource Acquisitions Resource & Collections Strategy Services, Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- Part-time E-Resources Bibliographic Control Assistant, DePaul University, Chicago IL
- Acquisition and Description Librarian, Duke Kunshan University (China)
- Electronic Resources Management Librarian, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian (Database Management Specialist), University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, FL
- Head of Acquisitions Services, Penn State University Libraries, University Park, PA