LAC Group seeks candidates for the role of Senior Library Technician for a project, subject to award, that would be based in Washington, DC. The Senior LT will have knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures, and some knowledge of sources of reference related to bibliographical material. The Senior LT role will require the ability to use and explain the library facilities, including catalogs and other reference aids; the ability to deal effectively with volunteers and non-professional staff in instructing them in the use of the library; the ability to present ideas effectively orally and in writing; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel of the institution.
- Provide services including Interlibrary Loan work, Acquisitions, Serials check-in, ILS Systems support, Circulation, and Reference support
- Provide information service, such as answering questions regarding card catalogs, and assists in the use of bibliographic tools, such as library catalogs
- Perform routine cataloging of library materials
- File cards in catalog drawers according to system used
- Answer routine inquiries, and refers persons requiring professional assistance to Librarian
- Verify bibliographic information on order requests
- Work or direct workers in maintenance of stacks or in section of department or division, such as ordering or receiving section of acquisitions department, card preparation activities in catalog department, or limited loan or reserve desk operation of circulation department
- Associate’s degree from a recognized college or technical institute with 16 credits in library science or computer science is mandatory
- 3 years of Library Technician work experience is mandatory
- Any work experience with Millennium’s Innovative Interfaces Inc (III) integrated library system, OCLC Worldcat, EBSCO, Innopac, Webpac Pro, or other similar library automation software is highly desired
- Experience in a law library environment desired
To Apply: To submit your application please visit: http://bit.ly/SeniorLibraryTechnicianDC
To view all of our currently open positions please visit: http://lac-group.com/lac-group/careers/
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.