Must apply online only at www.nsujobs.com: Position #995653 – Director of Technical Services Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center – Nova Southeastern University PRIMARY PURPOSE: Plans, organizes, coordinates, evaluates and leads technical services for the Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center; provides innovative, experienced, and visionary leadership to facilitate the effective and efficient management of the technical services unit; plans, organizes, and coordinates fiscal, planning, development, implementation and monitoring of the Library’s materials budget; performs financial and statistical analysis needed to support decision making; prepares a variety of fiscal reports and recommendations; provides database maintenance and management; provides acquisitions, collection, cataloging, and technical services statistics on a regular basis; leads strategic planning process for the technical services department; supervise full-time staff, including professional librarians, paraprofessionals and student workers; works closely with the head of electronic resources management; participate in strategic planning process for NSU libraries. REQUIRED: Master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited school. Five years of post MLS experience. Experience in the management of a technical services unit. Experience with acquiring and organizing electronic resources. Service orientation with a creative, entrepreneurial nature. Experience with management of library materials budget. Experience with gathering and compiling collection, cataloging, and technical services statistics.
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Head of Metadata Services at the University of Toronto Libraries, Toronto, Ontario
- Librarian for Digital Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) , Worcester, MA
- Associate Director for Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Worcester, MA
- Electronic Resources and Collections Librarian, Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library, Chicago, IL
- Electronic Resources Librarian and Cataloger, Utah State University Libraries, Logan, UT