|Technical Services Specialist, Media & Metadata|
|The Technical Services Specialist for Media and Metadata is responsible for general acquisition and cataloging of videos. The position also provides support for in-house streaming video conversion and rights acquisition.
Videos in all formats, including streaming, are used extensively throughout the curriculum, and requests for videos often need to be rushed in order to be available for classroom use. Media cataloging is relatively complex and requires extensive annotations and enhancements to available records in order to meet local standards required by the Film and Media Studies faculty.
Working with the Digital Initiatives Group, the position is responsible for creation of descriptive metadata for items in the library’s digital repositories such as DSpace and ContentDM. Items may include films, recorded performances and lectures, student theses, faculty scholarship and digitized archival records.
The incumbent also contributes to the general acquisition and cataloging of monographic publications.
Skills and Qualifications
|Apply for this job|
- Assistant Library Director II for Resource Acquisitions Resource & Collections Strategy Services, Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- Part-time E-Resources Bibliographic Control Assistant, DePaul University, Chicago IL
- Acquisition and Description Librarian, Duke Kunshan University (China)
- Electronic Resources Management Librarian, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian (Database Management Specialist), University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, FL
- Head of Acquisitions Services, Penn State University Libraries, University Park, PA
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL