|Technical Services Specialist, Media & Metadata|
|The Technical Services Specialist for Media and Metadata is responsible for general acquisition and cataloging of videos. The position also provides support for in-house streaming video conversion and rights acquisition.
Videos in all formats, including streaming, are used extensively throughout the curriculum, and requests for videos often need to be rushed in order to be available for classroom use. Media cataloging is relatively complex and requires extensive annotations and enhancements to available records in order to meet local standards required by the Film and Media Studies faculty.
Working with the Digital Initiatives Group, the position is responsible for creation of descriptive metadata for items in the library’s digital repositories such as DSpace and ContentDM. Items may include films, recorded performances and lectures, student theses, faculty scholarship and digitized archival records.
The incumbent also contributes to the general acquisition and cataloging of monographic publications.
Skills and Qualifications
|Apply for this job|
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- Head, Collection Development and Resource Access, Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Serials Acquisitions Specialist, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
- Discovery Services Librarian, SUNY Cortland, Cortland, NY
- Monographs Description Librarian, Duke University Libraries, Durham, NC
- Serials Bindery Assistant, Washington DC
- Head of Metadata & Discovery, University of Connecticut, CT