|Library Technical Services Administrator (Ocean County College, Toms River, New Jersey)|
|DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Monitor and maintain acquisitions budget accounts using automated acquisitions system. Manage and coordinate the acquisition of all print and non-print materials. Manage and integrate technical services operations and workflow. Supervise and evaluate employees who report directly to this position. Participate in the preparation of the library budget. Plan and oversee an inventory of the collection. Maintain the web-based manual for technical services workflow procedures. Collect, record and archive necessary statistics and data. Participate in reference services as needed. As assigned, oversee the Library operation when the Director is not present. Maintain appropriate competency in contemporary computer technology. Perform other related duties as assigned. (M.E.).
QUALIFICATIONS: Required: Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited institution or equivalent. Two years relevant experience in library technical services. Two years supervisory experience in a library. Knowledge of and experience with current acquisitions methods and resource description standards. Knowledge of and experience in use of automated systems pertaining to acquisitions and cataloging. Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to interact with diverse individuals at all organizational levels. Preferred: Experience working in an academic library. Experience with electronic invoicing. Experience administering an integrated library system.
NOTE: Applications for this position will only be accepted online at https://career.ocean.edu
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
|Apply for this job|
- Director of Acquisitions and Metadata Services, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian, Loyola Notre Dame Library, Baltimore, MD
- Assessment Coordinator, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Academic Technology Librarian, The Citadel, Charleston, SC
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- Cataloging Project Manager, Washington, D.C.
- Coordinator of Resource Acquisition and Management, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC