|Library Technical Services Administrator (Ocean County College, Toms River, New Jersey)|
|DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Monitor and maintain acquisitions budget accounts using automated acquisitions system. Manage and coordinate the acquisition of all print and non-print materials. Manage and integrate technical services operations and workflow. Supervise and evaluate employees who report directly to this position. Participate in the preparation of the library budget. Plan and oversee an inventory of the collection. Maintain the web-based manual for technical services workflow procedures. Collect, record and archive necessary statistics and data. Participate in reference services as needed. As assigned, oversee the Library operation when the Director is not present. Maintain appropriate competency in contemporary computer technology. Perform other related duties as assigned. (M.E.).
QUALIFICATIONS: Required: Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited institution or equivalent. Two years relevant experience in library technical services. Two years supervisory experience in a library. Knowledge of and experience with current acquisitions methods and resource description standards. Knowledge of and experience in use of automated systems pertaining to acquisitions and cataloging. Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to interact with diverse individuals at all organizational levels. Preferred: Experience working in an academic library. Experience with electronic invoicing. Experience administering an integrated library system.
NOTE: Applications for this position will only be accepted online at https://career.ocean.edu
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
|Apply for this job|
- Serials Acquisitions Specialist, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
- Discovery Services Librarian, SUNY Cortland, Cortland, NY
- Monographs Description Librarian, Duke University Libraries, Durham, NC
- Serials Bindery Assistant, Washington DC
- Head of Metadata & Discovery, University of Connecticut, CT
- Associate Director of Reese Library and Associate Professor, Augusta, Georgia
- Head of Budget, Acquisitions and Discovery Services, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA