The California Digital Library’s Shared Print unit seeks an analyst to support existing and emerging Shared Print initiatives. We need your expertise to create and sustain shared print activities and partnerships among UC Libraries and with other libraries in the Western Region of the United States. We are committed to helping UC libraries, often in partnership with other libraries, develop, sustain and effectively manage print collections in an increasingly digital age.
Reporting to the CDL Shared Print Manager, the analyst will provide collection analysis and operations support for core Shared Print services, grant funded initiatives and special projects, as they arise. The position is a three (3) year contract position, beginning in January 2011, with a possibility of continuation in the future.
Current services and initiatives include:
- The UC JSTOR Shared Print collection
- The Shared Print for Licensed Content collections
- The IEEE Shared Print Project
- The Western Regional Storage Trust (WEST), supported by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation (http://www.cdlib.org/services/collections/sharedprint/westinitiative.html)
Specific activities may include:
- Analyzing retrospective print journal holdings for more than 21 research institutions in the Western Region of the United States (WEST) to support selection of future archive materials and Archive Builders.
- Analyzing prospective print serials subscriptions, monograph holdings and other special analysis projects as they emerge.
- Creating, managing and tracking collection descriptions, title lists, statistical data and agreements information.
- Developing a collection voting process and tools to support large scale collaborations
- Maintaining communication and collaboration tools, including websites, wikis, email lists, surveys and others.
- Developing training programs and materials for new methods of collection management (e.g. validation services) and for mediated and unmediated learning environments.
- Traveling to libraries and storage facilities to assist with training library staff.
- Analyze library holdings and create detailed and summary reports
- Coordinate and prepare documentation, lists, reports and statistics for Shared Print initiatives
- Develop and maintain communication and collaboration tools including websites, interactive collection “voting” capabilities, surveys, wikis, email lists
- Develop training modules for new methods of collection management and assist with training library staff including travel to libraries and storage facilities
- Very strong MS Excel skills, some SQL skills
- Experience with serials management in libraries, knowledge of library bibliographic data
- Familiarity with library collection analysis tools and principles
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Background in library collection development and/or technical services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a customer service mindset
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution
ABOUT CDL SHARED PRINT
Shared Print is a unit of the California Digital Library Collection Development program that supports collaboration among libraries to build shared print collections. Shared Print serves the libraries of the ten campuses of the University of California and collaborates extensively on regional and national efforts among research libraries.
The California Digital Library is a dynamic library consortia serving the libraries of the ten campuses of the University of California. It is conveniently located in downtown Oakland. http://www.cdlib.org/about/
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/175322
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.