Posted 1/14/2011: Electronic Resources Librarian, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is the world’s oldest and largest private institution devoted to prevention, patient care, research and education in cancer.
An exceptional opportunity exists for an Electronic Resources Librarian to coordinate and support the collection and management of print and electronic resources at the MSKCC Library. You will ensure that access to electronic resources is available to MSKCC employees and students at all times, maintain/update electronic resources and the Library Web site, and develop workflows adapting best practices to facilitate the Library’s future transition to online collections. Essential to your success will be your ability to work with aggregators, vendors, and publishers, develop strong relationships in order to effectively troubleshoot access and content-related issues, as well as collaborate with other MSKCC staff members on content-related projects.
The qualified candidate we seek will possess the following:
- Master’s degree in library science
- Three to five years’ library experience working in electronic resources and/or serials management
- Experience working on projects and teams
- Solid experience independently supervising a library service/function
- Demonstrated experience working with an integrated library system (Innovative Millennium preferred)
- Experience with standard cataloging software/computer applications, and bibliographic utilities such as OCLC, as well as, troubleshooting electronic access and subscription related problems
- Working knowledge of link resolver technology and relational databases
- Knowledge of serials management, scholarly publishing, and electronic licensing in addition to copyright/licensing issues
- Understanding of COUNTER compliant usage statistics and open access/open source related issues
- Familiarity with EZProxy, digital library tools, and standards (XML, HTML, OpenURL, DOI, RSS, Library 2.0, etc.) and proficiency with MS Office Suite and Macromedia
MSKCC offers an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits, including tuition reimbursement. Please visit at http://www.mskcc.org/jobs and site Job ID 22216.
MSKCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: