LAC Group seeks an experienced Project Manager for Library Technical Services at a prestigious government agency located in Washington, DC. Must be a United States citizen in order to be considered.
- Management responsibility for all of the work performed by the contract personnel
- Ensures that all work performed by contract personnel is in compliance with the contract requirements
- Serves as the liaison between the agency project staff and contract personnel, especially to communicate requirements, concerns, problems, etc.
- Supervises contact personnel, including assigning work, performing evaluations, managing leave requests, taking corrective actions when staff fail to perform satisfactorily, etc.
- Maintains required statistics, produces/contributes required metrics, prepares reports and other written deliverables
- Serves as an advisor on cataloging practice for contract staff including the application of AACR2, MARC21 format, ISBD punctuation, Library of Congress standards and ILS practices. Makes final determinations on series, serials and multipart identification;
- Performs initial quality control for work performed by the contract personnel, including reviewing bibliographic transcription for accuracy, correcting errors and assuring quality of all metadata
- Drafts and finalizes procedures, workflow processes, desk instructions with assistance of the agency’s project personnel
- Recommends changes to project workflow, processes, etc. to improve efficiency of project in consultation with the agency’s project staff
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to be considered
- Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited institution
- Minimum three years work experience in library technical services operations, specifically a cataloging unit, including experience using a comparable ILS system
- Minimum three years work experience cataloging serials in print and electronic formats
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible experience in a library setting, preferably a large academic library setting
- Work experience with U.S. Federal documents, preferably in a Federal depository library
- Working experience and knowledge of the Superintendent of Documents classification system (SuDoc)
- Knowledge of government procurement and acquisitions regulations
- Proven supervisory experience for a large staff of technicians
- Proven managerial, organizational and project management skills at a variety of echelons in a library organization. Ability to work effectively with para-professionals, library professionals and agency personnel
- Ability to form and nurture a productive team environment
- Proven written and oral communication skills
To Apply: In order to be considered please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/ProjectManagerTechServices
To view all of our open opportunities please visit: http://careers.lac-group.com/
LAC Group is an EOE/AA Employer who values diversity in the workplace.