LAC Group seeks for immediate consideration, a Cataloger for a long term project in New Orleans, LA. This project provides cataloging services for a major academic institution.
- Advanced copy cataloging and shelf-listing;
- Assist with original and serial cataloging if needed;
- Act as a resource for cataloging technicians, providing LC classification and subject headings as needed for copy cataloging needing upgrading;
- Create reports on a regular basis;
- Maintain active communications and coordinate the work effort with LAC’s cataloging Team lead and project manager;
- Other duties as directed.
- ALA-accredited Masters Degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent experience;
- Must be fluent in English language;
- Knowledge of national cataloging standards and practice including AACR2 and MARC21 formats;
- Recent experience with an integrated library system, preferably ExLibris Voyager;
- Previous cataloging experience preferably in an academic environment using L.C. classification, OCLC and a ILS system, preferred;
- Ability to catalog Spanish language materials. Other romance language skills may be considered.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency using Word & Excel
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and work with changing priorities in a production based environment
- Experience in cataloging government documents, a plus;
- Ability to work with a variety of languages for bibliographic description, a plus;
- Ability to speak and read Spanish language preferred
For information & to apply, please visit http://goo.gl/vA6qA
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.